Covid - 19
Updated 23rd June 2020
Further announcements with regards to the easing of restrictions have been made today. We will be updating this page once we receive clarification of what limited sailing may be available after 4th July.
Updated 15th June 2020
It is still very early days with regards to the easing of lock down restrictions. Overnight stays away from home are still not allowed, and restrictions on sailing courses, charter and DofE expedition activity is not expected to be eased before step 3 of the Governments COVID-19 recovery strategy is reached. Government advice is continually changing, but our current understanding is that this will not occur before 4th July 2020 - at the earliest. Even then, restrictions may not be sufficiently eased at that stage to allow us to run live-aboard sailing courses.
With respect to many activities, the Government conditions required for the lifting of restrictions and their associated timings have been, and continue to be, somewhat fluid. This continues to make planning extremely challenging. The current restrictions as they apply to our type of business can found at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-coronavirus-using-a-boat-inland-and-on-the-coast.
Whilst we will endeavour to respond quickly to any changes in the current restrictions, it should be understood that the logistics involved in running courses are complex. We cannot respond to speculative announcements made in the media and it should be noted that unless all restrictions are lifted, resuming safe operation will not be as simple as flicking a switch. The safety of our customers and staff continues to be of overarching importance and we regularly appraise and update our risk assessments to reflect the latest information and advice as it emerges. If you already have a booking with us, a comprehensive list of safety measures, as well as personal attendance requirements will be forwarded prior to joining us. The diligent use of cleaning wipes, sprays, and additional hand washing products will of course be an integral part of life onboard, and face coverings may be required. We hope that group sailing activities may be able to go ahead in some form from next month (July) but should stress, while we wait for further guidance, this is by no means guaranteed.
I would personally like to thank all of our customers for their patience at this difficult time. We are all very keen to get out on the water, but we must follow government advice to ensure that Covid-19 is suppressed as swiftly as possible.
To receive updates