Shore based Courses
RYA / ISAF
Offshore Safety Course
RYA / ISAF Offshore Safety course satisfies the training required by ISAF Offshore Special Regulation 6.01 for category 0, 1 and some category 2 offshore races.
It is suitable for skippers and crews of yachts wishing to take part
in the Rolex Fastnet Race
The aim of the ISAF Offshore Safety course is to provide
skippers and crews of yachts wishing to take part in
with the necessary skills and knowledge to deal with an emergency
The RYA / ISAF Offshore Safety course is run in two - one day
modules which may be taken in any order.
RYA Sea Survival If you have attended the RYA Basic Sea Sea survival course within the last five years then you need only attend the ISAF Offshore Safety training Module.
Safety module includes
• Care & Maintenance of Safety Equipment
• Storm Sails
• Damage Control
• Crew Routines
• Man Overboard Prevention and Recovery
• Giving Assistance to other craft
• SAR Organisation and Methods
• Practical Fire Precautions and Fire Fighting
• Distress Alerting and Survivor Location Aids